Wilderness Conservancy ("WILDCON") "is a non-profit conservation foundation incorporated on August 11, 1992...
"WILDCON is a direct action foundation that provides hard assets to persons and organizations (governmental and non-governmental) with specific needs that cannot be addressed because of lack of funding. To be considered by WILDCON, the requesting party's need must relate directly to critical environmental matters such as the saving of endangered or threatened species of fauna or flora. WILDCON's "due diligence" in the form of on site research (verification) determines the validity of the stated need. There is often a significant difference between a "want" and a "need". It is the latter which WILDCON seeks to address." 
Accessed June 2010: 
- Dr. Robert N. Cleaves - Chairman, Los Angeles, California
- Charles Somers - President and Chairman of Somers Building Maintenance Company, Sacramento, California
- Daniel R. Sullivan - Deputy Chief, Los Angeles Police Department (Ret.); President and Chairman of Investigative Services Corporation, Burbank, California
- Lt. Gen. George M. Browning* - (USAF - Ret.); formerly - Controller of the United States Air Force; Director of the Budget (USAF); Director of USAF Operations - Europe, Pauley's Island, South Carolina
- Lt. Gen. William H. Ginn** - (USAF - Ret.); formerly - Commander United States Forces - Japan; Commander, 5th Air Force (Korea and Japan); Chief of Operations, Allied Forces - Europe, Alexandria, Virginia
(*)"General Browning resigned on November 22, 2010, due to illnesses that have impaired his ability to continue as a Director. As with General Ginn, General Browning had been a Director since the founding of Wilderness Conservancy and he will be sorely missed. His name will remain on our role of Directors in honor of his service to Wilderness Conservancy but also to our nation.
(**)£General Ginn passed away on June 1, 2010. He had been a Director since the founding of Wilderness Conservancy and he will be sorely missed. His name will remain on our role of Directors in honor of his service not only to Wilderness Conservancy but also to our nation.£
Accessed January 2013:  Somers has been replaced by Victoria Curtis, B.S..
Accessed June 2010: 
In memoriam and with honor, the following members who served with distinction until they passed on in 1997:
In 2013 George Hughes was no longer listed as an advisor.