William S. Lind
William S. Lind is Director of the Center for Cultural Conservatism at the Free Congress Foundation, a conservative Washington think tank. Lind served as assistant for military affairs to U.S. Senator Gary Hart. Lind writes and lectures internationally on military theory and doctrine.
According to Stan Goff, in 1989, conservative culture warrior William S. Lind worked with a team of men to dress up a set of perfectly obvious military realities as a new theory, and named it Fourth Generation Warfare (4GW). 
Articles by William S. Lind
- Archived articles by Lind (2003-2006) at the Free Congress Foundation.
- Archived articles by Lind at LewRockwell.com.
- Archived articles by Lind at Military.com. Bio on page.
- Archived articles by Lind at OpinionNet.
- Archived articles by Lind at The American Chronicle.
- Archived articles by Lind at The Conservative Voice.
- "Bureaucratic Tactics," Air University Review, January-February 1980.
- With others, "The Changing Face of War: Into the Fourth Generation," Marine Corps Gazette, October 1989, Pages 22-26 (posted on Free Congress Foundation website).
- "Of Time and the Rivers. Fourth Generation Warfare in Iraq," CounterPunch, June 3, 2003.
- "All War All the Time. The military game has changed, and the U.S. isn't ready," San Francisco Chronicle, July 6, 2003.
- "What is to be Done? Send the Neocons to Baghdad," CounterPunch, August 30, 2003.
- "More Thoughts from the 4th Generation Seminar," Military.com, January 16, 2004.
- "The Other War," Military.com, June 21, 2005.
- "Organizing the Militia," the Sierra Times, August 29, 2005.
- "The Long War," The Welch Report, February 2006.
- Editorial: "The Self-Proclaimed Other," Restoring America, April 5, 2006.
- "Outside View: Afghan War Problems," UPI (The Post Chronicle), May 18, 2006.
- "Why Hezbollah is Winning ... So Far," CounterPunch (countercurrents.com), July 20, 2006.
- "Military Matters: Afghan Advice," UPI (The Post Chronicle), October 4, 2006.
- "Why We Still Fight," antiwar.com, October 12, 2006. (List of archived articles in righthand margin.)
- "Maneuver Warfare Handbook" (Westview Special Studies in Military Affairs), Westview Press, May 1985, ISBN 086531862X (Paperback).
- With Gary Hart, "America Can Win: The Case for Military Reform", Adler & Adler Pub, 1st edition April 1986, ISBN 0917561104 (Hardcover).
- With William H. Marshner, "Cultural Conservatism: Toward a New National Agenda", Rowman & Littlefield (Non NBN), March 1988, ISBN 0942522125 (Paperback).
- With William H. Marshner (eds), "Cultural Conservatism Theory and Practice", Free Congress Res & Education, June 1991, ISBN 0942522168 (Paperback).
- William S. Lind and fourth generation warfare in the Wikipedia.
- Joseph A. D'Agostino, "Conservative spotlight: William S. Lind," Human Events Online (FindArticles.com), March 4, 2002.
- "Mainstreaming Hate. A key ally of Christian right heavyweight Paul Weyrich addresses a major Holocaust denial conference," Intelligence Report/Southern Poverty Law Center, Fall 2002.
Articles & Commentary
- Billmon, "How to Break an Army In Four Easy Steps," Whiskey Bar, November 25, 2003.