The Wine Group exists 'to promote and inform on the economic and commercial benefit of the UK wine trade; to stimulate debate on issues of relevance to the wine trade and wine consumer; to introduce MPs to wine trade executives from their constituencies; and where appropriate to invite and lobby ministers'
- Jointchair: Geoffrey Clifton-Brown MP (Con)
- Jointchair: Barry Gardiner MP (Lab)
- Secretary: Ian Liddell-Grainger MP (Con)
- Treasurer: John Thurso MP (LD)
- Contact: Mr Quentin Rappoport , Wine and Spirit Association, Five Kings House, 1 Queen Street Place, London EC4R 1XX. Tel. 020 7248 5377.
Wine and Spirit Association provided wine and refreshments at group's AGM (registered February 2003). From 6-7 November 2003 members of the group visited France on a trip organised by the Wine and Spirit Association. The latter paid for bus transport and lunches; P&O paid for the channel crossing; dinner and accommodation in Epernay was paid for by Champagne Moet & Chandon (registered November 2003).
Other SourceWatch resources
- All-Party Parliamentary Group
- All Party Groups in the House of Commons: Subject Groups
- All Party Groups in the House of Commons: Country Groups
- "Register of All-Party Groups", United Kingdom Parliament. (List dated 16 September 2004.)