World Fuel Services
|Campaign to |
|Company Name||World Fuel Services|
|CEO Name||Paul Stebbins|
|CEO Retirement Assets||$19,585|
|Annual Company Revenue||$34,622,854,000|
|Territorial Tax Break||$277,900,000|
|Click here for sources.|
2011 data unless otherwise noted.
©2013 Center for Media and Democracy
World Fuel Services is a publicly owned company that specializes in "the downstream marketing and financing of aviation, marine, and ground transportation fuel products and services." The company was founded in 1995, but originally stems from Trans-Tec Services, Inc., a marine fuel brokerage company. The company is headquartered in Miami, Florida.
In 2011, World Fuel Services reported $34,622,854,000 in revenues.
Ties to Pete Peterson's "Fix the Debt"
The Campaign to Fix the Debt is the latest incarnation of a decades-long effort by former Nixon man turned Wall Street billionaire Pete Peterson to slash earned benefit programs such as Social Security and Medicare under the guise of fixing the nation's "debt problem." World Fuel Services is part of the Campaign to Fix the Debt as of February 2013.
This article is part of the Center for Media and Democracy's investigation of Pete Peterson's Campaign to "Fix the Debt." Please visit our main SourceWatch page on Fix the Debt.
|About Fix the Debt|
The Campaign to Fix the Debt is the latest incarnation of a decades-long effort by former Nixon man turned Wall Street billionaire Pete Peterson to slash earned benefit programs such as Social Security and Medicare under the guise of fixing the nation's "debt problem." Through a special report and new interactive wiki resource, the Center for Media and Democracy -- in partnership with the Nation magazine -- exposes the funding, the leaders, the partner groups, and the phony state "chapters" of this astroturf supergroup. Learn more at PetersonPyramid.org and in the Nation magazine.
As of January 2013
- Paul H. Stebbins: Executive Chairman
- Michael J. Kasbar: President and Chief Executive Officer
- Ira M. Birns: Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
- Francis X. Shea: Executive Vice President
- R. Alexander Lake: Senior Vice President, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary
- Michael S. ClementI: President, Aviation Segment
World Fuel Services Headquarters
9800 N.W. 41st Street, Suite 400
Miami, FL 33178
Tel: +1 305 428 8000
Fax: + 1 305 392 5600
Resources & articles
Featured SourceWatch Articles on Fix the Debt
- Fix the Debt Portal Page
- Fix the Debt's Leadership
- Fix the Debt's Partner Groups
- Fix the Debt's State Chapters
- Fix the Debt's Lobbyists
- Fix the Debt's Parent Group
- Fix the Debt's Corporations
- Pete Peterson
- Peter G. Peterson Foundation
- America Speaks
- Simpson-Bowles Commission
- Erskine Bowles
- Alan Simpson
- Social Security
- "About Us", World Fuel Services, Accessed January 22, 2013.
- "Our Story", World Fuel Services, Accessed January 22, 2013.
- "Offices-Miami", World Fuel Services, Accessed January 22, 2013.
- World Fuel Services, "2011 Annual Report", organizational document, page 20.
- "Leadership", World Fuel Services, Accessed January 22, 2013.