Xinhui Shuangshui-3 power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Xinhui Shuangshui-3 power station (新会双水发电厂三期) is a proposed 1,200-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Guangdong Province, China.
The map below shows the location of Xinhui Shuangshui power station-2 in Shuangshui, Xinhui District, Jiangmen Prefecture. Xinhui Shuangshui-3 power station would be built nearby.
Background on Project
Xinhui Shuangshui Power Company is planning to build 2 x 600MW coal-fired units in Guangdong Province.
Project suspended by central government
In January 2017 China's National Energy Board directed the Guangdong Province to suspend or postpone nine coal projects in the province, including this one, due to excess coal capacity.
- Sponsor: Jiangmen Xinhui Shuangshui Power Co
- Parent company: Jiangmen Xinhui Renke Power
- Location: Xinhui District, Jiangmen Prefecture, Guangdong Province, China
- Coordinates: 22.446304, 112.999356 (exact)
- Status: Shelved
- Gross capacity: 1200 MW (2 x 600MW)
- Type: Supercritical
- Projected in service:
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing: