Ms. Yolanda Kakabadse, "a native of Ecuador, is currently President of the World Conservation Union (IUCN). She also serves on the boards of the World Resources Institute's Global Council, The Worldwide Fund for Nature International, and the World Commission on Forests and Sustainable Development, and the advisory board of INBio. She is Counselor to the Vice President for Environment and Sustainable Development of the World Bank and Senior Advisor to the Global Environmental Facility (GEF). Ms. Kakabadse served as NGO Liaison Officer for the United Nations Conference for Environment and Development (the Rio Earth Summit) in 1992, coordinating the participation of civil society organizations in the conference.
"In 1993 she founded Fundacion Futuro Latinoamericano, an NGO she serves as Executive President. Fundacion Futuro Latinoamericano designs and organizes policy dialogues on sustainable development among decision makers in Latin American. From August 1998 until January 2000 she also served as Minister of Environment for the Republic of Ecuador.
"Ms. Kakabadse studied Educational Psychology at the Catholic University of Quito. Her nexus with the environmental conservation movement officially began in 1979 when she was appointed Executive Director of Fundacion Natura in Quito, where she worked until 1990. Ms. Kakabadse helped Fundacion Natura become one of Latin America's most important environmental organizations through the development of important processes for Ecuadorian society and the international community. From environmental education to the proposal of development policies, Fundacion Natura took an important place in the world of NGOs. She is also a former member of the Board of Directors of the World Wide Fund International. In 1991 she was recognized with the Global 500 Award of the United Nations Environmental Program and the Golden Ark Order bestowed by Prince Bernard of The Netherlands.“ 
- Trustee, Ford Foundation
- Director, Inter-American Dialogue
- Commissioner, Earth Charter International 
- Advisory Council, LEAD International 
- Councillor, Wildlife Trust Alliance 
- Winner of the 2005 Lindbergh Award 
- Global Advisory Committee, Earth Day Network 
- WWF USA: Board of Directors
Resources and articles
Related Sourcewatch articles
- Commissioners, Earth Charter, accessed February 17, 2009.
- Advisory Council, LEAD International, accessed April 22, 2009.
- Members, Wildlife Trust, accessed June 8, 2009.
- Lindbergh Award, Charles A. and Anne Morrow Lindbergh Foundation, accessed November 20, 2009.
- Earth Day Network Global Advisory Committee, organizational web page, accessed December 21, 2013.
- ”Biography”, Accessed January 2007.