Jump to navigation Jump to search
"The following milestones and dates outline the development and growth of YouthBank across the island of Ireland:
- March 1997: Northern Ireland Voluntary Trust staff-trustee residential to discuss concept of a youth-led young people's fund.
- June 1998: Community Foundation Network seminar on Youth and Philanthropy addressed by Rob Collier, Chief Executive of Council of Michigan Foundations
- September 1998: Michael Norton convenes five voluntary sector organisations to explore strategic development of youth-led grant-making across the UK.
- January 1999: Young people from the selected pilot project areas devise and agree the name of YouthBank
- April 1999: Prince's Trust Offices, London, launch of YouthBank pilot programme across 7 areas of the UK...
- September 2001 – June 2005: New funding secured from Comic Relief to create a devolved YouthBank network in Northern Ireland...." 
Resources and articles
- YouthBank History, organizational web page, accessed October 10, 2012.