Zheneng Wenzhou power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Zheneng Wenzhou power station is a 3,840-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Zhejiang Province, China.
The photo below shows the plant in Leqing City, Wenzhou Prefecture, Zhejiang Province.
Background on Plant
Units 3-6 of Zheneng Wenzhou power station, totaling 1,200 MW, were brought online between 2000 and 2004. (Two older units of 135 MW each were retired in 2016.) The plant is owned by Zhejiang Provincial Energy Group.
Units 7-8 began operating in 2015.
Project Details Units 7 and 8
- Sponsor: Zhejiang Zheneng Electric Power Co.
- Parent company: Zhejiang Provincial Energy Group
- Location: Beibaixiang Town, Panshi Community, Leqing City, Wenzhou Prefecture, Zhejiang Province, China
- Coordinates: 27.9957103, 120.8358582 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity: 1,320 MW (Units 7 & 8: 660 MW)
- Type: Ultra-Supercritical
- In service: 2015
- Coal type: Bituminous
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "Coal-Fired Plants in China: Zhejiang," Power Plants Around the World, accessed November 2014
- "温州发电厂四期“上大压小”工程", 浙江省发改委, 2014-02-11
- "浙江院设计温州电厂四期“上大压小”扩建工程8号机组点火一次成功," CEEC, 2015-09-06
- "中国能建设计建设的温州电厂8号机组通过168试运," China Engineering Corporation Limited, 2015-11-11
- "项目|中国能建温州电厂8号机组通过168试运," 中国能源建设集团有限公司, 2015.11.13