Ziad Abdelnour is a Lebanese-born American author and trader, financier and President & CEO of Blackhawk Partners, Inc., Founder & President of the Financial Policy Council, Inc.and President & Founder of the U.S Committee for a Free Lebanon.
Abdelnour is the son of Lebanese industrialist and former MP Khalil Abdelnour (1992-2000) and the nephew of former Lebanese financier and MP Salem Abdelnour (1960-1964 and 1972-1992).
Prior to founding Blackhawk Partners in 2008, Mr. Abdelnour was Senior Managing Director with TerraNova Capital Partners, Inc., an M&A advisory firm and Managing Director and Head of Venture Finance at THCG, a New York-based merchant banking firm. Prior to THCG, Mr. Abdelnour held senior investment and merchant banking positions with Ladenburg Thalmann, Inc., Interbank Capital Group, Drexel Burnham Lambert Inc., and American Express where his responsibilities included investing, financing, and restructuring over 100 companies spanning the industrial, logistics, consumer, and manufacturing industries both in the United States as well as in emerging markets. Mr. Abdelnour holds an MBA in Financial Engineering from the Wharton School of Finance at the University of Pennsylvania and a B.S. in Economics, Summa Cum Laude, from the American University of Beirut."
Current Work & Activism
Abdelnour is a global private equity expert  and prominent  pro-Lebanon activist and lobbyist on behalf of a free Lebanon. His research report Ending Syria's occupation of Lebanon: The US Role was the blueprint for a series of policies and activities that led to the Syria Accountability Act of 2003 which forced the Syrian military to withdraw from Lebanon in 2005 .
Abdelnour labeled the “Baasha of Wall Street”  has been since the publishing of his research report a major force in shaping the US-Lebanon Policy debate towards Freedom in his native land and a keenly sought analyst regarding issues pertaining to economic & political matters in the Middle East at large and Lebanon in particular as he is frequently interviewed on radio and TV shows nationwide.   
Abdelnour, Ziad (2011). Economic Warfare: Secrets of Wealth Creation in the Age of Welfare Politics. Wiley. ISBN 1118150120
- Blackhawk Partners, LLC
- Middle East Forum
- Middle East Intelligence Bulletin - Co-Publisher (with Daniel Pipes)
- Terra Nova Capital Partners, Inc.
- United States Committee for a Free Lebanon
- Daniel Pipes and Ziad Abdelnour, Ending Syria's occupation of Lebanon: The US Role, the Lebanon Study Group Report, Middle East Forum, May 2000
Web site: http://www.blackhawkpartners.com
- Interview with Ziad K. Abdelnour, CEO Blackhawk Partners, Inc., VC/PE Interviews
- Prominent American Lebanese, Cedars USA, March 2008
- Baasha of Wall Street, Open Beast , April 2009
- Radio Interview with Jim Bohannon, June 2013
- Financial Policy Council, Inc. Board of Directors - Ziad K. Abdelnour - Founder and President, organizational website, accessed April 12, 2011
- United States Committee for a Free Lebanon, Middle East Forum Ziad K. Abdelnour Middle East Intelligence Bulletin, biography, undated, accessed April 12, 2011
- Middle East Forum, United States Committee for a Free Lebanon Middle East Intelligence Bulletin, About MEIB/Past Issues, organizational website, accessed April 19, 2011
- Blackhawk Partners Contact Us, company web site of Blackhawk Partners, Inc., accessed April 12, 2011
- Ziad K. Abdelnour Full Bio – October 2013